Friday, January 4, 2008

Year of the Rat Mouse

The last time I was at Disneyland was over three years ago on a sorely needed vacation to Tokyo and Kyoto. When my friends, who were visiting from Sydney, asked me along it was with much reluctance that I agreed, until I remembered I had some unfinished business with Westernland.

Three years ago, I gave the shooting range a go just for the heck of it. I scored 9 out of 10 shots, missing one only because I was trying to figure out how the targeting system worked. It was only when I got back that night and read my scorecard carefully that I discovered that had I scored a perfect 10, I would have gotten a prize for my effort. Since then I'd been telling myself that if ever I went back to Mousetown I'd settle the score.

Well, I did it. Just to show I'm not that cross-eyed, here's my official Goofy shooting gallery badge for hitting 10 out of 10 targets at the range. Yee-haw!


Thanks to my friends who are really good at packing the day full of activities, we managed to go on quite a few rides, notwithstanding the massive crowd on the day. I even managed to get on a few rides that I hadn't tried on my last visit, including Big Thunder Mountain, Alice's Mad Tea Party and the Space Mountain roller coaster. What a rush!

We also stayed to catch the electric parade after nightfall. Yes, I admit it, I'm really too old for this stuff but it feels really good to relive all those things that a happy childhood should contain, reality notwithstanding.



And here are a couple more random shots of the maple, chocolate and caramel scented Magic Kingdom, just because it's the happiest place on Earth:


Next stop, Disneysea! I'm told that it's more geared towards couples, but I reckon that the alcohol they serve there will take the edge off (no beer at Disneyland, boo). The Little Mermaid was my first Disney video purchase too... sure brings back memories. Yep, I'll go there next time and glare at all the lovey-dovey couples. Humbug!

No comments: