Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Winter Comiket 2007 Cosplay Album Part 3 (image intensive)

Even more costumes, this time from various series I may have watched before:

Wow, people are still playing Utena...


Never thought I'd see a cosplay of Kurama. Whee!

Ooh, memories from my first real manga.



I reckon her eyes aren't big enough, considering the game art.

I don't know where this is from, but the attention to detail!




Now this is what I call effort. Full cloth, or whatever you call it, down to all the tooled details.

I remember seeing a really expensive figurine of this chararcter in the shops.

Ah, nostalgia. Sure is nice to hark back to the time when I was really into stuff like this. I sort of miss being able to put together costumes of my own, even though it's a huge time sink. A trip to Tokyu Hands later made me realize just why the costumes here are so good, because everything from chiffon and imitation leather to plaster of paris and wire mesh was there in one place. Not to mention the monthly magazines here that provide pattern pieces and assembly instructions for the costumes of the latest and most popular characters. I feel creative just looking at them. *sniff*

Finally, while I was leaving the place on the second day I spied a whole lot of people looking at some billboard with their mobiles at the ready. I have decided to name this picture "Japanese Salute" in their honour. ^^

Ok ok, they were actually reading one of those fancy square barcodes that contain a mobile internet address, but I thought it was funny...

No comments: