Friday, November 2, 2007

Graduating from the Passenger Seat

When I got back to the driving school the principal revealed that I was the first foreigner in the school to pass the driving test on the first go, so to celebrate he called the press on me. Apparently it was a big thing, so I went along with it. Unfortunately I was wearing a shirt which read, "Its only illegal if you get caught!", but hopefully no one will figure out what it means >.>

The same evening I got my licence, my landlord came around with the car I'm renting from him, a light blue-green Nissan March Collet (plus the novice driver mark!). Not the best car for running over geriatrics, but hey, at least it's easier to park than a sedan. He asked me to take care of it in the same way you ask a pyromaniac not to play with matches. I'm not that bad, am I? ^^;;;

I took my first solo drive the next day to see if I could navigate the way to my current school. Man, it feels so weird being in the driver's seat. Things look so different, and I'm still more than a little scared behind the wheel, hoping I don't get lost. But oh the freedom! It's nice to be able to go to the local shopping mall and buy the stuff I couldn't lug back on my bike by myself. Here's to a new era in independence!

Just today one of the staff at my school showed me the newspaper article with my name and picture. So there's my fifteen minutes of fame in this country, eh? ^^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

scan the article eh? ;P

Debbie said...

scan and post!

InkJET said...

i hate you. i hate you all XD

Anonymous said...

lolz I had my picture on the local newspaper too.

You next aim is to get to more publicly distributed ones. :p

aliene said...

yeah you know have to scan the article le famous one.

ABI said...

Where have you drove to aside from work and home?