Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lost in Translation (or Misdirection)

I went to the Press Start orchestral game music concert with the help of Sent and Nanaholic (thanks guys! Hope you got the check in the mail) right after the Shibuya matsuri. Great stuff that. Makes up for missing the Play! concert in Sydney on account of the JET pre-departure orientation (boo!). I think I was the only one who really enjoyed the Loco Roco piece they played with a choir singing complete gibberish in accompaniment. I like the game, so sue me.

The rest of the concert was pretty good, and in the survey form they asked us to complete I requested "Objection!" from the Gyakuten Saiban series (that's Phoenix Wright's theme for English speaking folks). Maybe they'll play it next year, hehe. But what made my evening was the final encore of One Winged Angel with choral accompaniment. Sounds pretty ordinary, except that Uematsu Nobuo himself was leading the piece on synth. *fangirls*

Funny story on the way back though. I had intended to catch a connecting train to Tokyo where I would catch the last shinkansen back to Koriyama, but the nice folks at the JR office in Yokohama who sold me the ticket gave me the wrong platform number.

...

Yep, I ended up on the wrong train, missed my connection in Tokyo and had to slum it on an overnight bus (after some frantic searching by the JR staff at Tokyo station) that got back to Koriyama at 4:45 in the morning. At least I got a partial refund, but the rest of my morning and subsequent day was pretty much trashed. I really should be positive and say I learned that there's always a way out in a tight situation, but I reckon it's ok to be just a little bit cheesed off with the JeRks in Yokohama. Never trust the folks in charge, peeps, especially if you can check things out yourself!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heh. People often don't know their shit. Maybe I'm jaded but the internet and mutants does that to you.