Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Welcome to Tempus FuJET

Hi everyone! Just like I said I would (and never let it be said that I'm not a person of my word), I've set up a blog that will chronicle the next few years of my fairly unpredictable life. Gah, it sounds so trite. Anyway, I suppose this is a way for me to keep track of what's going on around me lest it leak out of my already porous memory. Sometimes I'll ramble, other times I'll actually be coherent, so it'll be up to you to figure out what state of mind I'm in. As for the title, I may have already told some of you guys that it'll be my platform when I eventually run for office. Weasels for companionship, sustenance and flavour, just to knock things up a notch. BAM! No home should be without one!

So friends, less than 2 months to got before I head off to Japan on the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme. It's been a long trek to this point, from the red tape of permanent residency to the security of Australian citizenship (and the joy of finally having a voice at the polls!). After sending a shedload of documents to the Japanese consulate and a slightly harrowing interview, here I am on the threshold of a new life in a new country... it's deja vu all over again!

(Oh, and just in case the blog address makes no sense, I've been posted to Fukushima prefecture, and the JET participants there call themselves FuJETs. Hey, I thought it was clever...)

This is a public blog, so feel free to comment or spam. I'll try to update it as things go along, or when I feel nostalgic and need to tell everyone exactly what happened from the very beginning, like when we all crawled out of the sea or something. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Lenor said...

おみやげ忘れないでね~ <3

InkJET said...

*sigh* yes, yes... I won't forget... yeesh.

Unknown said...

共産日本にようこそ!

Mel said...

Movin' to the country
Gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country
Gonna eat me a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country
Gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country
Gonna eat a lot of peaches

Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free
Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free

Michael said...

Hey hey :) I'm in your base reading your blog!

Do you know why the text in the RSS feed is set to super tiny? :(